Thursday, July 14, 2011

Camp Notes


Well in just a few short days I will be sending my oldest DD off to camp. The hardest part is I can't mail her anything, since it may not make it in time. So...instead...me, my hubby, my mom, my dad, and my in-laws write letters that get packing into each day's clothes. So they end up getting a letter from home each day. HOWEVER, they can mail us letters, so I decided to make both my girls some "Camp Notes" to mail home. My middle DD goes off the last week of July, so I just got them all done at once. Today I wanted to share what I made. This first set if for my oldest DD. She is headed off for 2 weeks of ropes courses, zip lines, rock wall climbing, and more extreme sports. For her cards, I used the Cowboy Owl stamp from QKR Stampede. Yes, I did NOT color the images. I did that on purpose...lol. I thought it would be fun for her to personalize each card before she sends them. They are very simple, but cute. I hand wrote the "Howdy from camp!" on each one with a gel pen.



Here is the set for my middle DD.Guess what kind of camp she is going to? Yup...horse lovers week. Since the kids are all younger, they are mostly spending the week teaching the kids about horses, and how to care for them. They are supposed to go for a ride at least one of the days too. She is just ecstatic about the whole thing. Like the other set, I left the image uncolored so she could color them herself. She did tell me yesterday that she will color them all like her favorite horse at camp. The image is called Mare and Foal also from QKR Stampede. I hand wrote the sentiment on these also. I can't wait to get one of each of these cards in the mail!!!!



Well that is all for now. Be sure to stop back tomorrow for the QKR Stampede Christmas in July Blog Hop! The fun starts right here on this blog at 6am EST!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea, I bet the girls will love having them to color and send1 Great job.

    ReplyDelete