Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year..

HELLO!

My name is Jessica and I  am thrilled to be a new addition to the Biblical Impressions DT! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

This is my first design team post ever and I am excited to get it underway! Our theme for this month is "Winter" and I think it is perfect. I don't know about you , but this southern girl is not diggin' the cold weather in my area. It was 12 degrees at the bus stop this morning!! I am ready for some sunshine and heat! ( please do not remind me of this when it is 103 this summer :)


I chose this cute little sledding snowman for my focus and I love it. I admit I was tired of red/green so I wanted something different. My 7yo dd said " Why don't you make it a snow "GIRL"..."?? Hmmm..seemed like a good idea so I went with it!


This is a close up of the snow girl  .she is in hot pink..and sledding on glitter!( I don't usually use a lot of glitter..but my daughter insisted LOL) I also sprayed some perfect pearls mixed with water on the whole thing to add just a bit of shimmer.
Although you can't see the background paper really well, I used a stamp that says "Let it snow" and stamped the verse repeatedly in Pixie Dust VersaMagic ink. It was a cute way to incorporate a little bit of pink and shimmer with out taking the card over the edge.


I hope you enjoyed my card for the day! Have a great weekend!Please check back to see what the other talented ladies have made!


Supplies : Stamp ~ ( snow man & verse) Biblical Impressions, paper ~ Stamping UP! Whisper White, ink~ Archival black, Pixie Dust Versa Magic, Other...Colored Pencils ~ Prismacolor, OMS..Ribbon and resin snowflake..( stash)...White Perfect pearls

2 comments: